Welcome, Guest.


    Welcome! The fire safety burn permit is free and required under Idaho law for any burning outside city limits statewide (excluding campfires) from May 10 to October 20.

    Some cities and other jurisdictions - including local or county fire departments, Idaho DEQ, Tribal Reservations, and others - may have additional or alternate permit systems in place. If that’s true for your burn site and type of burning, then you will be provided instructions on how to apply for a permit from those entities.

    Burning can be limited based on current fire restrictions. This Web site provides information about most current fire restrictions, but check with your local fire department for other restrictions that may be in place at the time you want to burn.

    Also, compliance with air quality regulations is required at the time of burning. You can check air quality conditions online, call the DEQ office in your area before burning, or contact the appropriate Tribe if you plan to burn within Reservation boundaries.

    Latest News

    OpenSSL Heartbleed bug

    Recently, a significant security flaw in Internet communication, the OpenSSL 'Heartbleed' vulnerability, was discovered and reported worldwide.

    Idaho Department of Lands values your privacy and security, and regularly performs security assessments on our Web Applications. We have verified that our systems are not susceptible to the OpenSSL 'Heartbleed' vulnerability.

    Burn Permit Usage Update

    As of June 18th there have been over 3600 Burn Permits issued across all fire protection districts.

    New Reports Available

    New reports are now available to agency staff through the system. If you have a suggestion for a new report please email Burn Permit Support.


    Site Suggestions

    Please email Burn Permit support with any suggestions for this site.